Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Music & Music Videos

The lesson on music and music videos was probably my favorite part of class. I have always been antertained and amazed by music videos. It really is a shame that MTV stopped playing them (MTV Jams and Hits is good though). Anyways, below are some videos I either like personally or thought may relate to class. 

This first group is not a group I am a fan of. However, I saw them at a conference and they are really interesting. I thought this would relate to the discussion of industrial music. Also, the video may be borderline video art. 

Street Drum Corps- Wreck


This next video is of Kanye West talking about video producer Hype Williams at the MTV awards. I believe that Hype is one of the best and most influential creators of music videos. He always pushes the envelope and sets trends. The following is a montage of Hype videos. 



The next video gets into the music videos I find great. This first one is the Eminem "Mosh" video. It was produced by a vidsual novelist who also started the Guerilla News Network. I think it is great how the visuals, song, and political message compliment each other. It is different from most of the work people expect from Eminem. 


This next video is from Kanye Wests new CD 808s & Heartbreaks. I thought it applied to class because he primarily used on old 80's drum machine and synthesizer in the creation of his new CD. We talked a lot about synthesizers and electronic music in class. 




No comments:

Post a Comment